Do you work as an interpreter in court and other legal settings?
Are you interested in and committed to increasing the number and skill of interpreters of color and interpreters who come from heritage signing backgrounds?
If Yes, then Project CLIMB of the ASL & Interpreting Studies Department of the University of Northern Colorado is looking for you!
Cultivating Legal Interpreters from Minority Backgrounds
We are now recruiting for a cohort of experienced legal interpreters
Minimum criteria for participation:
- 3 or more years of experience interpreting in legal settings
- Qualified to work in court and legal settings where you live
- Able to attend the face to face session July 31 – August 5, 2018
Desired characteristics of participants:
- Evidence of prior legal training
- Experience in a variety of legal settings
- Knowledge and experience with teaching and/or mentoring
- Experience and comfort with online learning/distance education
- Evidence of commitment to creating inclusive and effective training opportunities for interpreters from marginalized backgrounds
Questions? Please visit our FAQs page: